Farro salad with fruit and shrimp
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 1/4 cups grapefruit juice, divided
- 7 oz white grapes, quartered
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz whole shrimp tails, cooked and peeled
Soak farro in 2 cups grapefruit juice overnight. Drain and cook in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
Dress farro with extra virgin olive oil, toss to coat. Add grapes, carrots, pine nuts, kiwi, apples, and strawberries. Dress with extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss gently to combine.
Arrange watercress on the bottom of a serving plate, cover with the farro mixture, and top with shrimp tails. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, if desired. Serve.