White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cranberries
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar*
- 8 tablespoons (115 grams) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (200 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (150 grams) dried, sweetened cranberries
For about 14-16 cookies
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Beat the butter, sugar and molasses together in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add in the egg, beat slowly.
In a separate bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, and flour, then mix them in to the batter. Mix in the white chocolate and cranberries.
Form balls of cookie dough and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. The balls sould be about 2 in (4 cm) in diameter and will spread considerably during baking, so be sure to space them at least 3 in (8 cm) apart.
Bake for about 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.