These delicious and beautiful skewers are a fresh and fun accompaniment to a light summer meal, an outdoor barbecue or picnic lunch on the beach. The savory and sweet flavors blend perfectly and the colorful presentation is sure to delight guests of all ages.
Watermelon skewers with avocado and feta
- 3.5 oz (100 g) feta cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 2 large slices of watermelon (for about 24 cubes)
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small ones), cubed
- 8 wooden skewers
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of basil leaves, diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
makes 8 skewers
Thread 1 watermelon cube, 1 avocado cube and 1 feta cube onto a skewer, repeat, and place on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining skewers until you have used up all the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle with diced basil leaves. Stir together the lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the skewers. Serve immediately.