Shrimp, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- juice from 1 or 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 lb (300 g) peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- 2 tablespoons diced tarragon
- 2 cup (2 oz, 60 g) baby arugula
- 2 cups (2 oz, 60 g) watercress
- 2 small or 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
In a medium bowl stir together 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add shrimp. Toss to coat and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade. Heat a pan over medium high heat, and cook shrimp for about 2-3 minutes, until pink. Set aside to cool.
Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl (here is a tutorial on how to do that), reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, diced chives, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well with a whisk.
Divide greens among 4 plates. Top with grapefruit, avocado and shrimp. Drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving.