This is a simple and quick sandwich I threw together using some leftover roasted beets and smoked salmon. The squeeze of fresh orange really brightens up the flavor and pulls the sandwich together beautifully. Enjoy!
Smoked Salmon, Beet and Cream Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of whole-grain or rye bread
- 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- a few thin slices of peeled, roasted beets (recipe below)
- a few sprigs of dill
- a few drops of fresh orange juice
Lightly toast the bread then spread both slices with a layer of cream cheese. Finish the sandwich with the smoked salmon, sliced beets, dill and a few drops of orange juice.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Clean and trim beets and wrap them in a large sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the beets. They are ready when easily pierced with a fork. Let cool before peeling and slicing. Salt and pepper before serving.