Here is a fresh and flavorful salad to brighten up the dreariest of winter days.
Pomegranate, Walnut and Clementine salad
- One small head radicchio (Italian chicory), chopped (about 3 cups or 100g)
- 1 bunch watercress (about 3 cups or 60 g)
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 3 clementines, segmented (instructions here)
- 3/4 cup (75 g) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 oz (50 g) Parmesan at room temperature, shaved into curls with a vegetable peeler
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and dress with the orange vinaigrette.
- 1/2 c good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange (or clementine) juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate juice (optional)
- 1 tsp grated clementine rind
- 1 shallot, finely minced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Dress the salad and serve immediately.