Am I the only one who hasn’t exactly felt like cooking lately? The coma-inducing heat of Milan in July has me cringe at the thought of even boiling water. Here’s a quick and delicious, no-heat-required recipe for the hottest months of summer.
Tartare di pomodorini, pesche e buffala
- 9 oz (250 g) of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 peaches or nectarines, ripe but firm, diced
- 5 oz (150 g) of fresh mozzarella (I used buffalo mozzarella), cubed
- about 10-15 mint leaves, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- high-quality, extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- arugula (optional)
Delicately stir together all of the ingredients and let marinate for 20 minutes before serving. Serve on a bed of arugula if desired.